Thursday, March 17, 2016

Have I?

I saw this floating around facebook and thought it could be used for an outline for a future blog post.  Then Christina did it, and I enjoyed reading her answers.  I was getting my post ready and pulling pictures which involved me pulling a picture of Jesse James and me.  That same day, he passed away.  Post was postponed. 

So, here's some "stuff & things" about me:

(   ) Shot a gun
I know.  I'm from Texas.  You assume I have, but I haven't.

(X) Gone on a blind date
It didn't work out.
 
(X) Skipped school

(X) Watched someone die
My step-mother passed away from cancer in 2003.  It was heartbreaking to watch her endure and fight that battle.

(  ) Watched a baby's birth

(  ) Visited Canada

(  ) Visited Hawaii

(  ) Visited Cuba

(X) Visited Europe
Several times; one of my besties who I was inseparable from for about 10 years lives in Milan, Italy; So, I've been to Italy...and Austria, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Switzerland

at the "Top of Europe"

(   ) Visited South America

(X) Visited Las Vegas
Too many times to count; too many brain cells lost.

(   ) Visited Central America

(   ) Visited Asia

(   ) Visited Africa

(X) Visited Florida
Several times: Destin, Seaside, Orlando, Ft Lauderdale, Daytona, Miami

the fam, a few years ago, in Seaside, Florida ~ 3 more husbands have been added to this group, plus 2 more kids and 2 step-kids
 
(X) Visited Mexico
Yep.  Border towns.  Lots of times.  You know, because Texas borders Mexico, but I've been across the California border too, plus Cancun, Cozumel, Cabo, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morelos
 
(   ) Seen the Grand Canyon in person
Can't believe I haven't done this.

(   ) Flown in a helicopter
I get motion sickness, and I'm pretty certain I'd vomit.
 
(X) Served on a jury
The defendant left a previously healthy (then) 2 year old child disabled for life: partially blind, using a feeding tube, in a wheelchair; we found him guilty and gave him 75 years; This was not his first violent or felony offense; he appealed and lost; he's currently in a Texas prison where he belongs.

(X) Been lost
Physically and metaphorically
 
(X) Traveled to the opposite side of the country
Opposite of where?  I guess it doesn't matter because I've been from Texas to North Dakota and California to the East coast.

(X) Visited Washington, DC
Three or four times; every American should go.

(X) Swam in the ocean
Atlantic & Pacific

(X) Cried yourself to sleep

(X) Played cops and robbers

(X) Played cowboys and Indians

(  ) Recently colored with crayons

(X) Sang karaoke
Unfortunately
 
(  ) Sang a solo or duet in church
Fortunately
 
(X) Paid for a meal with coins only
Recently; it helps that there are $1 and $2 coins here

(X) Made prank phone calls
I was a tween before caller ID
 
(X) Laughed until some beverage came out of your nose
Frequently

(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue

(  ) Had children

(X) Had a pet
Brownie, Rocky, Ace, Moses, Jesse James; and I now have Astro, Ivy, & Ricky (kitties) plus Sally & Dolly (doggies)

(X) Been skinny-dipping

(X) Been fishing

(X) Been boating

(X) Been downhill skiing

Yes, I'm holding a snowboard, but I gave that up and skied instead.

(X) Been water skiing
It wasn't pretty.

(X) Been camping in a trailer/RV
for a music festival
 
(X) Been camping in a tent
Last time was just a couple of months ago, and we're considering it for Easter weekend too.

(X) Driven a motorcycle
As a kid, my grandparents had a few small motorbikes on their acreage.

(X) Been bungee-jumping
In Vegas & Switzerland

(X) Gone to a drive-in movie
There's one local, and we take the boy a couple times a year.

(X) Done something that could have killed you

(X) Done something that you will regret for the rest of your life

(   ) Rode an elephant

(   ) Rode a camel
There are places in Australia that offer camel rides; I passed; the camels looked so sad and unhappy about this "job" that I felt so bad for them.

(X) Eaten just cookies or cake or ice cream for dinner
Last week

(X) Been on TV
Houston news interviewed me while I was supporting some friends in the Houston marathon; my sound bite was "I don't run unless I'm being chased."
 
(X) Stolen any traffic signs
With a guy who had a baseball scholarship; he could have been arrested and lost his scholarship, not smart, but I really wish I still had that Texas Avenue sign.

(X) Been in a car accident
more fender benders than I would like to admit

(X) Been in the hospital in past 24 months
to take someone else to the emergency room, but not for any of my own ailments

(  ) Donated blood

(   ) Gotten a speeding ticket in the past 12 months
 
(X) Gotten a piercing
My ears are double pierced; not really exciting piercings, but I guess they count.
 
(X) Gotten a Tattoo
I'm always developing ideas for more.

they really don't hurt as bad as this appears

(X) Driven a manual transmission vehicle
 
(X) Ever owned your dream car
I loved it more than words can say.
 
(X) Been Married

(X) Been divorced

(X) Fell in love

(X) Fell out of love

(X) Paid for a strangers meal
 
(X) Driven over 100mph.

(X) Been scuba diving or snorkelling
In Mexico and Australia

(   ) Written a published book/story/poetry

(X) Eaten snails
When in France...
 
Any facts about you that you want to share with me?

Linking up with Kristen and Joey:
Stuff, Things, etc.

16 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I feel like I learned a lot about you! Also I'm totally gonna have to steal this post. I mean borrow! borrow this post LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! It is so interesting how you would expect people to have done something and then they have not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly miss prank phone calls. They were a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah i love this post! still learning more about you! and love the throwback pics. ha. that car is so you, so so cute. i miss so old cars too. you've traveled quite a bit! and yay to all the florida towns :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post but mine would be pretty boring since I'm travel opposed.

    I love the tattoo picture, that's how I assumed it would feel before I got my first one. I'm getting my 5th tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When in France... Me, too! That's the one and only time I've ever eaten snails and drank cappuccino. I know the cappuccino thing isn't very French, but that's the only time I've ever partaken of cappuccino, the dat after I ate the snail, so I included it as well. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had snails in France, too :) That camel does look a little sad. I almost had the opportunity to ride Elephants when I was in India, but the ground was too soft :( (They weren't in captivity, either. It was a sanctuary where they could come and go at night.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was really fun to read! Riding elephants is pretty random, but I have done it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so great! I'm going to have to snag this idea for next week! You are BRAVE for eating snails! How were they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was such a fun post idea! I can't believe that you've never shot a gun, but all of the travel related ones I definitely knew that you had done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many awesome things you have done!!! I want to ride an elephant!!!!!!!! Or at last see one maybe not in a zoo. I love elephants so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun post! I totally miss being able to prank call people, caller id totally ruined that. haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahahahaha the coins only one made me laugh so hard for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so much fun!

    Oh my word, I can't believe that case you were a juror for. How awful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm stealing this. As if I needed any more excuses to talk about myself, lol
    Dollar coins were the bane of my overseas existence. They make my wallet so heavy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was a great idea . . . I love all these fun facts!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!