Thursday, August 27, 2015

Playlist 1 : Happy Songs

I haven't written a music post in a while.  I love music.  And, I've needed some of these pick-me-up happy tunes in my life lately.  So, here you have it.  My Happy Playlist - a list of songs that no matter when they come on, I pretty much want to shake or shimmy or smile or sing-a-long (or all of the above).  Yes, you can tell my age with this list.

Bad Medicine by Bon Jovi - It's rock music that I can dance to, and it's Bon Jovi. - I need to give no further explanation.

Poison by Bell Biv Devoe - "Never trust a big butt and a smile."

Livin' La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin - No matter how many times this song was played over and over and over again, I've never tired of it.  It still brings out all kinds of dance moves.

Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard - "I'm hot sticky sweet from my head to my feet" - pretty much, if I was a stripper, this would be my go-to song.


Let It Whip by The Dazz Band - A little gem from the past that I almost forgot; that bridge that begins at 2:22 mark and ends with whoo-oo-oo is pure magic

If I Had You by Adam Lambert - No shame...I love me some Adam Lambert...and I will (without fail) sing-a-long "do do do do do do" to this song.

Freedom by Wham! - Not to be mistaken with George Michael's Freedom '90...as wonderful of a song as that is too, this is the bouncy, happy Freedom.

Private Eyes by Hall and Oates - It's the claps in this one that get me every time..."Private Eyes (clap) are watching you (clap clap)..."

Cool Rider by Michelle Pfeiffer - If you hang around these parts much, you probably know that I love Grease 2 more than most movies ever filmed.  I could list the entire soundtrack...but, no ordinary song is going to do...this IS the quintessential one.

Hey Baby by No Doubt - I love Gwen and the boys with all my heart, and this one is just fun fun fun to sing and dance to.

Pride & Joy by Stevie Ray Vaughan - Genius guitarist from Texas that left us too soon singing and playing his version of a sweet love song.

Low by Flo Rida (and featuring someone else I'm sure) - Alright, I admit that I'm not necessarily down with the hip hop these days, but this one is da bomb diggity.

Ride The Wind by Poison - Look.  I limited myself to three bands that rose to fame during the hair band era.  That's pretty good for me.  This one is an anthem for me.

Like It Like That by Guy Sebastian - A lot of you probably don't know this song from this Australian talent.  If you like a good little pop song to shimmy to, then give this one a listen.  Tell me if you do.  I just love this song.

Hot Girls in Good Moods by Butch Walker - One of my all time faves singing a song with that title.  I can't not like it.

I could keep this going, but that's enough for now.  Maybe, I'll post a part two (and three).

What songs make you happy?


17 comments:

  1. i love this idea! i mean who doesn't love a playlist that puts a big fat grin on one's face :) i may have to do one of these sometime soon!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the 90's rock on this list, I was thinking I love blasting Sweet Child O' Mine when it comes on and it always makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a post like this a few months ago. Music really can make you happy.

    Ride the Wind. YAAAASSS!!! One of my favorite Poison songs. And Bad Medicine is my favorite Bon Jovi songs. You have good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this has made my work breaks a whole lot more awesome today! Thanks for that. And you can't beat all that hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love "Let it Whip!" They played it on an episode of Scandal last season, which reminded me how much I love it. Downloaded it immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I freaking love many of these, especially Freedom (Wham! not GM).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to go listen to some Bon Jovi right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. woah!! All of them (minus the Aussie) I know and love! Perfect list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ricky Martin!!!! I love Hall & Oates. Rich Girl is one of my faves. Hey Baby doesn't get old, Poison is awesome (mostly because of 'never trust a big butt and a smile' since I feel like it could be about me! haha), and Pour Some Sugar On Me is SUCH a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty much any Steve Miller Band song, especially Jungle Love. Fat Bottom Girls-Queen; Thunder ACDC

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES!!!! Like it like that is so on my 'happy' playlist. It always makes me want to dance, that and Inescapable by Jessica Mauboy. I laughed so hard at the pour some sugar on me - yep, that would be my stripper song too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! I'd say Millie Vanilli (sp?) or Rick Astley. Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea Michelle Pfeiffer had a song?! Love the inclusion of No Doubt and Flo Rida! My happy go-to list is a lot more pop and 90's hits than I'd like to admit :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this list, I can always get down to some Bell Biv Devoe. I haven't heard the last two but the Guy Sebastian song was catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I have Ricky Martin stuck in my head. :) My happy songs are Whatever by Oasis, Funny Little Frog by Belle & Sebastian, No You Girls by Franz Ferdinand, Girl From Mars by Ash, Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis...oh, there are so many. I love music!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love music posts (both reading AND writing them)! Music is such a huge part of my life, and I love sharing the music I love with others.

    Let's see ... Happy songs are tough for me because I listen to a lot of really sad and/or angry music. (It's just my thing, I guess.) So I'll just share a few songs that aren't necessarily "happy" but make ME happy:
    In the Aeroplane Over the Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel
    Extraordinary Machine - Fiona Apple
    L.A. - Elliott Smith
    Hot Knives - Bright Eyes
    Let Go - Frou Frou

    Oh, and Love Shack by the B52's ... How can that song NOT make you want to dance?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome! Basically anything by Hall & Oates makes me instantly happy, but add clapping to a song and you've got a winner! I might have to blog about my happy songs too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!