Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Currently Loving Linkup #2

I stumbled upon a blog (The Happy Type) who is new to hosting a weekly linkup.  Well, I'm new to participating in a weekly linkup.  (Actually, I've never participated until now.)  If I'm going to jump in as a newbie, I might as well jump in with a newbie host.  Check her out here

The Happy Type 

My contribution to things that I'm "currently loving":

Mount Franklin Lightly Sparkling Water - For the last few months, I've done a pretty good job at eliminating cokes and other sodas and energy drinks.  Because of this, I've been drinking lots and lots of water.  I've discovered that if I drink sparkling water it actually makes me feel fuller.  I don't know if it's the bubbles working magic or what, but it works for me.  Plus, Mount Franklin has these Jennifer Hawkins (former Miss Universe) sponsored wrapped bottles of water, so they look pretty while I'm drinking them :)

I don't regularly watch morning news/entertainment shows.  But, if I did, I'd watch the Today Show (Australian version).  Karl Stefanovic is a well-known television presenter in Australia.  Some love him, and some hate him.  I've found him to be somewhat genuine and entertaining.  I think he made news this week for a pretty awesome social experiment.  Watch here:

Butch Walker is an insanely talented musician that I (not just currently) regularly love.  He's got a new album coming out soon.  He's touring with Ryan Adams and playing awesome places like Carnegie Hall.  He's feeding his fans with new songs from the upcoming album.  This is one of them.  I love the guitar.  I love the vocals.  I love the lyrics.  Three reasons why I love Mr. Butch Walker.

Spring is my favorite season, and it's Springtime in Sydney!  The skies are blue, the flowers are blooming, and the weather has been pretty close to perfect.  I love that I have citrus trees in my front and back yards.  Here's a baby mandarin from my yard:

2 comments:

  1. I looooooooooove mandarins! I'm jealous that you've got that awesome springtime vibe happening now that it's cold here. I have been loving the attention that Stefanovic's attention to the double standard in the media. I loved the music video, too! Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments. Stefanovic gets publicity here from time to time because he sticks his foot in his mouth or being drunk at an awards show. But, this time I loved the "experiment" that he did and what a good point he made!

      Delete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!