Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Book #43 & #44 & #45


#43 - Victims by Jonathon Kellerman - his wife, Faye, writes and his son, Jesse, does too, but I prefer Jonathan Kellerman's thriller mysteries to the other family members.  I had some catching up to do in the Alex Delaware series, so I read two of them back to back.  This was a creepy psycho thriller, and I enjoy creepy. 

 #44 - Guilt by Jonathan Kellerman -  I preferred this one to the previous.  Much like the tactics of Law and Order SVU, this book steals some headlines, families, places, people from the headlines, tweaks them a little to become fictional places, characters, and stories.  Creepy again, and again, I enjoyed it.


#45 - Rockettes, Rockstars, and Rockbottom by Keltie Colleen - Super quick and easy to read (I read it in a day and a half), this memoir is written very much like a blog (well, the author is a blogger, as well as a dancer, performer, and now entertainment correspondent).  After disastrous relationships, she learns lessons from each.  She spells out those lessons for the reader (which I don't need; I prefer to view the situation and draw my own conclusions and lessons, but hey - this is her book, not mine).  I did genuinely feel her heartache and pain in some circumstances, and I assume most who have had a heartbreak would to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!