Tuesday, September 18, 2012

List # 2

Another list initiated by quirky pickings. These are the rules for this list:
go to the internet movie data base and, for every year you've been alive (or for the past three decades), look at the ten best (and only the top ten) films from each (and every) year you've been alive (or for three decades or so). write down every film you love (as in you own it/can regurgitate half the lines at least/encourage everyone you meet to see it/have seen it a thousand times... that sort of love). whittle that list down to fifteen and post it. i was born in 1973, for example, so i'd start here: http://www.imdb.com/year/1973 (and then, to get to the next year, just change the three to a four in the address bar... and so on, because they don't have handy dandy next button like the best albums site does.)

This list posed a big challenge to me. When I initially listed the movies that I love from the choices on imdb's most popular films of each year, my list was lengthy. But, the challenge was to "whittle" those movies down to my favorite fifteen, and that I did. Here it is listed in the order of the year the film was released:

"Do you mind if we dance with your dates?"

"...rockin' and rollin' and whatnot"

"We'll always be friends forever"

"Aloha, Mr. Hand"

"Do it for Johnny!"

"Hey, but a lot can happen over a year. I mean, you could come back next fall as a completely normal person"

"If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me"

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after. It's a reckonin' " 

"I'm Forrest Gump.  People call me Forrest Gump"

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"

"I can not promise you riches. What I can offer you the chance to save the world one case at a time"

"This is a true story about friendship that runs deeper than blood"

"Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself"

"if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends"

"To me, you are perfect"




















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!